Saturday 11 July 2015

IDs please

Good night last night (relative to the catches I usually get) with 35 species and more footmen than Downtown Abby.

A few I still can't figure.

What I assume is a wainscot - seems just under the usual size for Common, also shinier and very pale.But I'm coming to the conclusion it might be the common one because I can't find any other matches.

Next what I assume is a bad shot of a female Large Fruit Tree Tortrix.

3 shots of a micro that I've not been able to ID

Finally an Oegoconia sp? - not sure if the species can be determined from a photo.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford







2 comments:

  1. I also think it is a Common Wainscot, then Archips podana, can't do the next one and the last is one of the Oegoconias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Peter, diappointing I've got no new ones but the upside is that my IDs were correct.

    ReplyDelete