Wednesday 13 April 2016

Emperor moths (m&f) emerged

Yesterday I woke to find that two emperor moths had emerged from my six Emperor moth pupae. Amazingly they were a male and a female, so I kept them together all day. By dusk the male was desperate to escape, so I released him though there was no sign of eggs.  I have kept the female and this morning there are two batches of eggs; annoyingly they are on the underneath of the gauze top of the cage not on the hawthorn and willow sprigs I had provided.


Wendy Wilson
Chalfont St Peter, Bucks

2 comments:

  1. I have a nice photo of them but my computer wouldn't let me insert it so I'll email it to Dave hoping he can insert it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave for inserting the photo for me. However you need to correct my address, I live in Chalfont St Peter, Bucks not Chesham!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.