Sunday 29 October 2017

Cosmopolitan

Having thoroughly enjoyed the Upper Thames BC Branch members' day yesterday I was inspired to put out my garden moth trap for the first time in ages, and I'm very glad I did: ten species resulted, including this Cosmopolitan. It's the first time I've ever seen this scarce migrant - not sure how often it's been found in Bucks before (there are only four records in Berkshire).

Cosmopolitan, Great Kimble
Cosmopolitan, Great Kimble

Alongside this were Red-green Carpet, Common Marbled Carpet, Featherd Thorn, Angle Shades, Black Rustic, Beaded Chestnut, Common Wainscot, Straw Dot and Light Brown Apple Moth.

Martin

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic - I'd hazard a guess that it is a first for Bucks! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, first for Bucks. Well done Martin. That's success for the BC meeting, inspiring you to put the trap out.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.