Wednesday 24 January 2018

Dark Chestnut, or a dark Chestnut?

First moth of the year.

I'm leaning towards a dark example of a Chestnut rather than a Dark Chestnut on the basis of wing shape. I had to take the picture in the rain so it's not that great.

Can someone confirm?







I'm stiff having an odd issue with the blog that means I can't comment to thank any identifiers or ask questions in comments.

It's really odd. I got to this blog page and it then says "sign in". I click on that and it automatically signs me in, I don't have to put my e-mail or password. I get taken immediately to the page where I can make a post. When I check it I'm in on the right account.

However, once I do that and return to the main blog page it says "sign in" and I cannot comment.

I've tried logging in and out again. I've cleared my cache several times. This has been going on since before Christmas I think.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford

4 comments:

  1. I'd ask which browser you are using, but you can't answer. When I swapped over to use Firefox those issues, from which I also suffered, disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well here's a turn up - I was on Firefox and I've now solved this by going to IE. I'm thinking now this might be the side effect of one of my Firefox plugins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully that problem is now partially solved then, Mark! Moving swiftly on to a subject that I know as little about as I do browsers, your moth looks to me more like Dark Chestnut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How strange, I was on IE and swapped to Firefox.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.