Monday 7 May 2018

More pugs and others

The last few nights have resulted in Frosted Green, Least Black Arches, Clouded Silver, Orange Footman, Flame Shoulder, White Ermine and Flame Carpet appearing for the first time this year.

Sorry to add yet more pugs to the requests for help but having caught 15 pugs last night I feel I am going a bit pug blind. The majority were I think very worn specimens of Brindled Pug. however these three were less worn.
I have also included a photo of what I think is Incurvaria masculella and a macro that is a bit worn and that I feel I ought to know.






Any help much appreciated as always.

Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andy, I'd hazard a guess at Oak-tree, Brindled and Ochreous in that order for your three pugs. Yes to Incurvaria masculella, although I should add that it helps to try for a more side-on view of many micro species rather than taking the picture from directly on top (unless it rests "flat" like for example an Agonopterix). I suppose the last one must be Red Twin-spot Carpet but it has certainly been through the mill rather quickly for a moth which is only emerging around now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that is helpful. I do have a side shot of the micro but it does not show the antennae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Dave on all of those

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.