Monday 11 June 2018

Clearwing Lunchtime special

Having spent a bit of time yesterday luring for Red-belted Clearwing Synanthedon myopaeformis, around two of the old orchards in Chalfont St Giles and St Peter without success. I decided to spend my lunchtime down the Bucks side of the Slough arm of the Grand union canal near where I work. I stuck the VES and MYO lures out and over the course of 20 minutes I had at least 7 Red-belted and 3 Orange-tailed Clearwings Synanthedon andrenaeformis! These lures are now three years old and live in the back of my car all year, so it's nice to find they still work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob, well done! I'm amazed that your lures still work after three years cooking inside the car, though - the accepted method of storage is in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I, pure laziness on my part I'm afraid. However the air tight containers are only opened a few times a year and then only for a shortish period so I guess that the "substance" doesn't have a chance to evaporate.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.