Saturday 16 June 2018

Marlow Bottom

15th June - I attracted 80 species to my garden trap last night. Nothing too unusual and nothing new, but it was pleasing to see two Great Oak Beauty along wit the more usual Willow, Mottled and Pale Oak Beauty. Both these moths were resting outside the trap on flower pots.





A single Archips crataegana was amongst the micros.


Rather fresh specimens of Fern and Toadflax Pug looked as though they had just emerged, whereas the two Mocha were showing signs of coming to the end of their first emergence and I always enjoy seeing Lilac Beauty. I have posted below an example of Treble Lines that I think is called ab. semifuscans. I don't remember seeing this form before, but may well have done as Treble lines is a common moth here. I have never had the dark form ab. obscura.


Adam Bassett

1 comment:

  1. Very nice to get Great Oak Beauty in the garden, Adam! One I'm unlikely to see up here because in Bucks it is confined to the south of the county.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.