Tuesday 3 July 2018

Brown Scallop? - and 2 micros

Sunday night 1st July seemed particularly good for moths in my garden. The skinner trap attracted over 400 individuals and some 100 different species. A couple of new macro moths for my garden were Engrailed, and what I think is a Brown Scallop - photo below.


I am still working my way through the micros, but I think the plume below is a Yarrow Plume Gillmeria pallidactyla.


Finally, is the micro below the melanic form of Pediasia contaminella, or does it need closer scrutiny?


Steve Trigg, Cookham

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of those, Stave. I've not seen the melanic form of contaminella and the moth is not all that common in our area so it would pr0bably be safer to keep that one for critical examination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. The contaminella has been retained.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.