Sunday 29 July 2018

Lots of micros

This week I have had more micros than usual which I'm finding difficult to photo, never mind ID. These are all from my garden / house in Speen this week. Please can I have some help with these.

Is this one a Cochylis atricapitana? It was no more than 5mm long.
 

Sorry about the poor photo, but can anyone tell me what this one is? Again, only a few mm long.

This is a bigger moth, but I can't tell what it is due to the side angle. Any thoughts?

Am I right in thinking that this is a copper underwing?

Is this an orange swift?

And lastly, is this a yellow shell?

3 comments:

  1. I’m afraid I haven’t given much thought to the first one, but the second is Agonopterix alstromeriana, the third is a Wax moth, Galleria mellonella, yes to Copper Underwing agg, might be Svensson’s, you need to see the hind wing to be sure and yes to the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, side view photos are usually better for micros.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.