Saturday 7 July 2018

Marlow Bottom 6th July

There were a few nice surprises in the trap this morning, with three new species for the garden. Firstly, a very fresh looking Four-spotted Footman - I wonder how far this has travelled?


Secondly, a wandering Oncocera semirubella.


And finally a Blackneck


I'm still going through some of the micros to see whether I have any more.

Edit:  Just found an Ethmia dodecea amongst the patio plants, which is another new species for the garden.


Adam Bassett

2 comments:

  1. I agree! The Four-spotted Footman might only have "migrated" from the south coast but it is still a rare sight in land-locked Bucks. Oncocera semirubella and Ethmia dodecea are certainly expanding their ranges so I expect you'll see them again...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.