Tuesday 24 July 2018

More moths spotted in Speen in mid July

Yet again I have tried my best to identify these moths, but I'm sure that I've got at least a couple wrong. I feel like I'm getting better at identifying them, though, and I always appreciate corrections.

A common footman

A golden triangle (poor photo but a. it was on the ceiling and b. my camera lens isn't good enough to get a clear photo of the really small moths)

A many plume moth (wow!)

A mottled rustic (not confident about this one)

Is this one a pug?

And I think this one is a mottled carpet


How have I done this time?

Thanks, Jacqui

4 comments:

  1. hi, wait for Dave or someone else but I'll have a crack at a few

    1. Maybe Dingy Footman
    2. Carcina quercana
    3. Yes
    4. Uncertain / Rustic agg.
    5. Mother of Pearl
    6. Scorched Carpet - got one tonight, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. Oh dear - I didn't do very well. On the plus side, I meant to type scorched carpet rather than mottled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd hang on until someone else comes along..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep trying Jacqui - you'll get there! I agree with Mark's IDs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.