Thursday 26 July 2018

Moths in Speen from the start of this week

My technique for finding moths is to switch on the outside lights and then photo the moths that are attracted to them. Because we are keeping our doors and windows open all evening, a few months are flying into the house to make it even easier for me! Here are a few with my attempts at IDs. I would appreciate feedback on as I'm not very confident about them as usual.

An agriphila straminella

A bright-line brown-eye

A broad-barred white

A dark arches

A small fan-footed wave

A square spot rustic

A yellow shell

No idea what these two are though. Can anyone help please?


Is the first one another agriphila?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, 3. is Marbled Beauty, 6. Flame Shoulder, 7. Riband Wave, 9. Cydia splendana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui
    Just to be clear 1, 2, 4, 5 are correct. Can't help with 8

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.