Tuesday 7 August 2018

Chrysoclista linneella

A belated post as I'm still catching up on stuff, but meant to post this back when i caught it - Chrysoclista linneella to light in garden trap on 22nd July. I don't know how common this moth is, but it is new for me and a little stunner. There are some Lime trees not far from the garden so I should probably inspect these at some point. Apologies for photo quality, my camera is out of action so I'm currently reliant on my phone camera for every shot. It doesn't handle micros so well unfortunately.
Marc Botham, Didcot


Chrysoclista linneella, Didcot, 23/07/18



2 comments:

  1. Hi Marc, a little stunner, isn't it?! I have yet to get it in the garden here despite having plenty of lime but I've seen more reports of it than usual this year so perhaps it is another species on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in need of a male for the Moth dissection website Marc.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.