Wednesday 15 August 2018

Garden Rose Tortrix?

I was hoping someone can confirm the id of this little Tortrix caught in my Sonning garden last night. I'm guessing it is Acleris variegana (Garden Rose Tortrix) which I am aware is highly variable, but I can't find any images online quite like this specimen.  Trapping numbers were fairly good and 24 macro species were caught. New for the year were Cypress Pug, Lesser Treble-bar, Flame Carpet and Square-spotted Clay which was also a new garden record.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alastair, that is indeed one of the regular forms of variegana. If you look up the species on the Hants Moths website (link in the right-hand column on this page) the second image of their three images is the same as your example.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.