Friday 24 August 2018

Habits die hard


Interesting behaviour by a fine Red Underwing, roosting on our sun umbrella this morning. I tried to get it on to my finger three times and each time it flew off, circled briefly and then returned to the parasol. They seem to like them - the pic bottom left, above, is one which Penny spotted on the pub umbrellas at Radcot Bridge, back in August 2009.

Separately, I thought I had something unusual yesterday, below, but given that it was dead on my pillow which I had been resting on after coming back in from examining the trap, I fear that it is a sadly de-scaled Carpet of some sort. I still have it, in the unlikely event of its being of interest.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.