Wednesday 15 August 2018

Tricky pugs and micros

Please can I have some help identifying these.

Firstly 2 pugs. Is the second a worn double-striped pug?



Now a few micros.

This one was tiny - no more than 5mm.

This one was just a bit bigger. Could it be a cochylis atrocapitana?

I'm fairly confident that this one - about 10mm long - is an agriphila tristella. I've had quite a few of these.

Am I right in thinking that this is a common plume?

And last of all a common marbled carpet.

All from Speen, Bucks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui,

    I reckon you have the following:

    1. Tawny Speckled Pug
    2. Double-striped Pug
    3. Blastobasis adustella
    4. Cochylis atricapitana
    5. Agriphila tristella
    6. Emmelina monodactyla
    7. Ostrinia nubilalis (male)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave. I'm pretty pleased with myself for getting most of these right. Practise is definitely improving my ability to ID more of the moths that I'm spotting.

    ReplyDelete