Thursday 13 September 2018

IDs please

I've had lots of new moth visitors in Speen over the last 2 weekends. Some I am confident with my IDs, such as Chinese Characters, but others for which I'd appreciate a second opinion.

Firstly, I think this is an anania coronata.


A feathered gothic

An agonopterix arenella

An agriphila geniculea

An agriphila straminella

A dotted wave

A double-striped pug

I'm not certain at all what these last 2 are, so I'd appreciate you telling me please.


Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacqui, a good try! They're correct down as far as your Agriphila straminella which is actually a worn Agriphila tristella. The next one is Small Dusty Wave, then you are correct again with Double-striped Pug. The last two are another Agriphila geniculea and then Heart & Dart.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.