Tuesday 6 November 2018

Marlow Bottom Nov 4th and 5th

I'm not a regular trapper, but the mild weather encouraged me to put the trap out over the past two nights. The combined catch was 105 moths of 20 species. One of the most unexpected was a Mottled Beauty - my latest catch prior to this was July! A Vine's Rustic on the 4th was another late one here and two White-points last night were also a bit unexpected.  Feathered Thorn was the most numerous by some degree with 37 specimens.


 


The total catch from both nights was: Agonopterix arenella (1), Scrobipalpa costella (1), Epiphyas postvittana (2), Acleris sparsana (3), December Moth (2), Red-Green Carpet (10), Common Marbled Carpet (1), November Moth agg (21), Feathered Thorn (37), Mottled Beauty (1), Sprawler (5), Vine's Rustic (1), Yellow-line Quaker (8), Brick (3), Grey Shoulder-knot (1), Blair's Shoulder-knot (1), Satellite (1), White-point (2), Turnip Moth (3), Large Yellow Underwing (1).

Adam Bassett

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam, your Blair's Shoulder-knot reminds me that it is a species which hasn't done at all well here this season. I'd seen ten in the garden up to 22nd October which is when the last one was trapped here. There's still just about time for it to appear again but if that's all I get it will be the worst total ever in 15 years. I wonder why - I've certainly not noticed leylandii hedging going out of fashion locally!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.