Saturday 18 May 2019

Chamomile Shark

The Robinson trap in my garden in Newport Pagnell produced 12 species this morning one of which was this which I think is a Chamomile Shark.  The timing of it's appearance seems about right and some of the black veins seem to extend into the fringe on the termen.  It does seem smaller than the Sharks I get later in the year. It will be a first for the garden if it is.  Others new to 2019 in the trap included Toadflax Brocade, Rustic Shoulder-knot and Garden Pebble.


                                                                  Chamomile Shark


                               
                                                Black streaks extending into fringe?



1 comment:

  1. Nice one, Gordon - it looks good to me. Not that I'm an expert on the species having only seen it myself for the first time last year! There are just over 40 records for Bucks but only ten post-millennium. Of the earlier ones nearly half were from George's garden at Willen so for it to appear in your garden sooner or later is no great surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.