Saturday 25 May 2019

IDs & a question

Catches are starting to improve.

I got my first Footman last night - usually I get the Common or Dingy first. This one is either Orange or Buff I think but the angle is a bit awkward - are those wings straight or curved?

Re Rufous Minor - thanks to Peter Hall I've recorded all of the Minors except Rufous. I wonder if either of these might be candidates. I suspect not.

Is the Rufous Minor likely in a garden? If not I'll call off the search.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.



  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, Orange Footman for the first. It is always the first to appear and has moved from being a woodland moth to one that could be found anywhere now. I get Rufous Minor in the garden so it is worth hanging on to possible candidates, might still be a little early yet for it though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.