Sunday 14 July 2019

And another query


Hot on the heels of my last question - answered v speedily by Adam - may I ask another. I think the moth above is a Nutmeg, unless it's a Poplar Grey, but the one below eludes me. maybe a rather worn Coronet? Or indeed another Nutmeg/Poplar Grey? They have me wondering whether my iPhone has a secret green filter.  Thanks in advance for help. If and when we get a moth version of the facial recognition system which the police are looking at, I will maybe sort myself out. But meanwhile, thank goodness of UTMB.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon



2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,
    Poplar Grey for the top one. I don't think you need to worry too much about your iPhone camera because the other one appears to me to be a faded Green Arches. The green scales don't last long and sometimes are clearer to see in a photograph than they are to the naked eye! A nice garden record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks v much Dave and for your interesting info on the previous post - I've had Lunar previously but never Lesser. That's good about the Green Arches too - I see it now, on a second look at WTL. Penny says that she's read that the facial recognition system is unreliable - unlike you and the other experts on the blog. Many thanks as always M

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.