Saturday 13 July 2019

Balsam carpet etc


As if to confirm DW's comments to Ben that it would not be
surprising if Balsam carpets were found in Oxfordshire, this specimen
came to light 11/12th.
Interestingly it's preferred resting position seemed to be with wings closed
as with the Early thorn below.

First Thorn for me in 2019.


I found by trial and error, actually all error, that even if you put a trap out, if you don't put the light on, you won't attract any moths! Came down 3.15 am to get a glass of water and found I hadn't put lights on. Thought it would be a waste of time but decided to turn lights on then. I did attract one moth which just happened to be this Small emerald; a new species for me.

Small emerald.

Alan Diver
Tackley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.