Wednesday 10 July 2019

Confirmations and IDs please

Just back from the Lake District. The moth highlight was Purple bordered Gold, but at a distance so no pics. Very pink.

A few from the garden.

I think the first one might be a Common Rustic agg.

Then Clouded Brindle?

Double-striped Pug I think.

Then I'm hoping I can seperate out one of the small ermines as Yponomeuta malinellus. I found a number of webs on my apples. One had one of the small ermines sitting on it so I'm thinking this is a tick for Yponomeuta malinellus?

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    I agree with your three adult moths, Common Rustic agg, Clouded Brindle and Double-striped Pug. I'd be wary of claiming a record for Yponomeuta malinellus from that web, though, especially without seeing the larvae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok thanks Dave. I'd been away so next year I'll examine the webs earlier and get a photo of the larvae.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.