Monday 8 July 2019

Couple of Museum Queries

I had rather a hectic trap on Friday last week at the museum with a trap absolutely rammed with LBJs, some of which will in time be sent to Peter.

New for my year were Bird's Wing, Small Fan-footed Wave, Least Carpet, Beautiful Hook-tip, Fern, Brown Scallop and Reddish Light Arches.

Also two of these; is it Kent Black Arches?


and this?


Is this Satin Beauty?


Is this Argyresthia bonnetella?


Finally, I know I had one of these a few years back which Dave W id'd for me; just checking it is the same; Ethmia dodecea?


Dave Morris
Chalfont St Giles

3 comments:

  1. Yes to Kent Black Arches
    Then a Phycitodes most likely binaevella. Size would help, but probably one for Peter
    Mottled Beauty
    The Argyresthia is probably pruniella - see if others agree
    Finally - Myelois circumvolta - Thistle Ermine. Much too big for Ethmia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I make that Argyresthia pruniella as well

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.