Thursday 12 September 2019

A couple of micros

Both of these from last night in my garden in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire, would be new for the garden if correct. I think they are Celypha cespitana (but could possibly be rivulana) - admittedly this would be rather a late occurence, but it doesn't seem impossible - and a rather faded Epinotia tenerana. Any confirmation (or other ideas) would be welcome.

Celypha cespitana (or possibly rivulana), 11/9/19

Possible Epinotia tenerana, 11/9/19
Steve Goddard

2 comments:

  1. Hello Steve,

    I'm not sure about either of those, I'm afraid, and they would really need dissection to identify accurately. The first would be a bit late for either of your suggestions and I'm not even sure I could rule out a brightly-marked lacunana (which is flying now). The second one is rather worn and, again, you might be correct with tenerana but Lathronympha strigana is another possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well -- thanks anyway, Dave. I'm certainly getting lacunana still, so that's a strong possibility.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.