Sunday 15 September 2019

Another one ticked off the list

Following on from Gordon Redford's posts, Dewick's Plusia came my way last night too (thanks for waving yours off in my direction, Gordon!).  It actually looked to be in better condition on one of the vanes of my actinic trap last night than it did in the light of day this morning, but still a very nice moth to see (my 442nd garden macro).  There have been several recent reports from adjacent counties and Richard Lewington had one in south Oxfordshire two nights ago, so I'm sure more records will come to light of what is probably now a resident species locally.

Dewick's Plusia, Westcott 14th September
 
While pottering around the garden in today's sunshine I noticed this fully-grown Knot Grass caterpillar munching away on a small potted buckthorn on our patio - I wondered why the plant had lost quite a few of its leaves! 

Knot Grass larva, Westcott 15th September

Dave Wilton
Westcott, Bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.