Wednesday 4 September 2019

Is European Corn Borer resident in Bucks?

I had no signs of any migrants in the trap here in Longwick this morning except this rather attractive European Corn Borer. I have had them a  couple of times before here but would be interested to know if they are resident?

I also had a few nice new arrivals such as Centre-barred Sallow, Old Lady and Red Underwing along with another burst of Light Emerald. The moth below looked initially interesting but I assume it is a rather plain, grey-ish and small (w/l 15mm) Flounced Rustic rather than something that has drifted in?



1 comment:

  1. Hello Andrew,

    I'm pretty sure Ostrinia nubilalis must be resident in the county. I had sightings of 17 individuals (a mix of males and females) across four different sites in the southern half of Bucks last year.

    Your second photo is, as you thought, a Flounced Rustic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.