Sunday 22 September 2019

Marlow Bottom weekend

A contrast in weather conditions between the nights of 20th and 21st was evident in my catches with only 18 species in the former but 44 species in the latter.  No sign of any hoped for migrants though apart from three Diamond-backs.

Last night's milder weather encouraged a few more micros out e.g. Ypsolopha parenthesella, sequella and ustella and Argyresthia goedartella, pruniella and another semitestacella. An example of Metalampra italica seemed a little late, while within the Epinotia, a greyish example of nisella (probably) will be retained for Peter and a slightly beaten up tenerana was new for the garden.

Three Brindled Green all looked nice and fresh, as did a Black Rustic and Brown-spot Pinion, while Mocha is getting a bit tired.  A Cypress Pug was my second this year with just patchy trapping.

Ypsolopha sequella
Argyresthia semitestacella
Epinotia nisella (possibly cinereana)
Epinotia tenerana
Metalampra italica
Brindled Green
 
As an edit, blogger isn't allowing me to comment on posts at the moment, although I can still make posts under my ID.  I wanted to comment on Dave Wilton's recent post re second brood Pretty Chalk Carpets.  I looked back through my garden records and found that I have had September records in 2004/06/08/09/10/18, with the latest records being 23/09/06, 22/9/10 and 15/09/18, so if these later dates indicate a second brood, then it appears to have been doing so for a number of years.

Adam Bassett

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem, using Safari on my Mac and could post but not comment on the blog. So now I use Firefox if I want to comment and that seems to work ok.

    Richard Ellis
    Chorleywood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard - I hadn't thought about that. I have found that I can comment using Google Chrome on the PC but not Internet Explorer. I could comment on Safari on my phone until recently but have just upgraded my phone which is on a more recent IOS platform and neither the phone nor the iPad let me comment now. At least I have found one source for making comments.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.