Monday 2 September 2019

The Holy Grail

Remarkably, in the very next Sonning garden trapping session after responding to a tweet from someone about how jealous I was that they had trapped a Clifden Nonpareil, I landed a stunning specimen of the very same iconic species. When I replied to the tweet, I had an unusually strong feeling that it was going to happen to me very soon, but then I forgot all about it, so my jaw hit the floor when it appeared from under the penultimate egg box in the trap this morning. I had a pretty amazing close encounter with a tiger on an expedition in Nepal earlier this year, but this is right up there with it as a truly memorable lifetime experience.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Alastair! However, not quite in the same league as a close encounter with a tiger, I would have thought!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.