Friday 22 May 2020

Confirmations

I have a couple of micros for confirmation - a distinctive looking Ectoedemia which looks like decentella - tiny so struggled to get sharp photos - and a plume. This seems to be Adaina microdactyla (Hemp-agrimony), but I haven't seen one before, so would appreciate confirmation or otherwise.

Nothing too exciting in recent traps, but my second Buttoned Snout in three days is notable here. The second individual was in better nick than the one below, but decided to fly off.

 



Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam,

    That's lucky, you've got the one of that little group of samara-mining species which can be identified visually and, as you say, it is Ectoedemia decentella. The others have yellow heads with white eye-caps whereas this one has a black head. The plume looks good to me as well. Although classed as common I've only seen it a couple of times and there are remarkably few records for Bucks (your one should be the eighth) but I suspect it is under-recorded.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.