Thursday 21 May 2020

Museum Moths

Now that we're allowed out again, I left my light at COAM last night and roughly 200 moths of 40 species; 161 of them were Triple Lines, though.

New for my year included Shears, Scorched Wing, Lesser Treble Bar, Waved Umber, Vine's Rustic, Light Emerald, Flame Shoulder, Rivulet, Brown Silver-line, V Pug, Eulia ministrana and Tinea semifulvella plus a handful of other micros and pugs which I shall try to id...

On my way out, there was a Mother Shipton in the museum office garden, which is also NFY and new for site.



Also in the grass was this tiny micro, can anyone help with an id?




I did have a bunch of other stuff on Monday but that was in Sarratt which is technically bandit country and out of range of this blog :)

Dave Morris, Chalfont St Giles

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dave,
    The micro is a Dichrorampha, probably acuminatana, but the definition in the photo isn't really good enough to be sure.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.