Sunday 10 May 2020

Two tricky micros

I had examples of a Dichrorampha and a Pammene to the trap last night. I will retain both for examination, but wondered if someone with more experience of these than me thinks either might be a particular species. I had assumed that the Pammene was albuginana, as I have had that a couple of times in the past and it may well be the same, but it looked slightly different to my eye, though I know there is some variability.

The Dichrorampha is 9mm in length, the Pammene 8mm. They both appear very dark in the flesh, so I have shown original photos plus lightened versions so that any relevant details/colours can be seen more clearly.


 
 


Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam,
    I'm not sure about the Dichrorampha. The saddle doesn't seem to be sufficiently obvious for acuminatana so that leaves two or three others and the photo isn't quite clear enough to show the costal fold. The other could well be Pammene albuginana, although argyrana is another possibility.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.