Saturday 8 August 2020

A couple of micros & bees

 Not much in the trap. Possibly because there were over 100 tiny beetles, 50 or so Ground beetles, a few dead wasps and 6 or 7 honey bees. I've never had them before, I think a couple were drones.

The first two pictures are possibly Delplanqueia inscriptella. The colour balance is off and I had to lighten the photos. Unfortunately it is long gone but I had one confirmed by dissection in 2018.

The other one, I've looked at my micro moth and bird-dropping moth book and several are very close.


Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    Delplanqueia inscriptella should be correct for the first one as we've yet to find the confusion species (D.dilutella) in our area despite numerous dissections now. The other moth looks to me like Apotomis betuletana.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.