Thursday 10 September 2020

Elachista or similar...?

Things have settled into a bit of a rut here in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire; much the same species turning up most nights, and a very autumnal flavour to things. The micro below is giving me a little trouble, annoyingly because I'm pretty sure it's a species I've seen before, but not this year. It looks like a Swammerdamia or Elachista, but nothing in the Micro Moths field guide looks quite right. It was about 5mm long, at a guess; I'd be grateful for any suggestions, if only to drive my garden year list up by one...

Unknown micro, 9/9/20
Steve Goddard

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, have a look at Mompha subbistrigella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for pity's sake! Yes, quite -- thank you, Nigel: and I *have* in fact had one already this year, in June. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.