Saturday 12 September 2020

Leaf Mines 2

 A few more.

I think the first is Callisto denticulella on Apple.



I searched for Gracillaria syringella on our lilacs. Usually most of the leaves look burnt by the end of the year. Today I only found a couple of possibles.



Then I have what I think is Stigmella tityrella with the corridor starting near to the mid rib on Copper Beech.


 

The last one I am uncertain if it is Phyllonorycter messaniella or some other damage, possibly hail damage.





Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    Callisto denticulella is possible for the first two pictures on apple but I'd prefer to see the initial gallery mine too before the larva goes off to roll the leaf edge. On lilac the first looks like leaf damage and I can't see enough in the second to tell if it is a mine or not. Stigmella tityrella is correct for the first two on beech but I think the second pair show leaf damage again.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.