Tuesday 18 February 2014

Scarlet Tiger caterpillars

hi, found two of these chaps marching up and down a pear sucker - one was at the top of at about three feet up, then turned around and marched back. There was another about half way up. I found one a few years back in February similarly up on a rose sucker. Are they trying to sun themselves because I thought their food was mainly at ground level - certainly I found alot while weeding later in the season, always on the ground.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford










2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, even in my short time with Blogger I've found that it can be a bit temperamental with pictures at times. If you struggle again you could try sending it to me at my Gmail address (see UTB website moth sightings page) and I'll have a go at uploading it to your message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, thanks, I got it to work. Actually I've experienced the same problem on my own blog - it seems pictures get stuck and there is some cache somewhere that remembers what you were uploading even if you quit out and go back in. My wife's suggestion of renaming the file seems to have worked.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.