Monday 17 April 2023

Emperor moth but no lure

 Just had something odd happen. An Emperor moth just turned up, flew round the garden a few times, landed on my trouser leg briefly and then went off. The odd thing is that I don't have a lure out. I did think I'd done something stupid and had the lure from 10 days ago still in my pocket but no, it was safely in the freezer and it had only been in my pocket 5-10 mins 10 days ago. Also I normally have to wait several hours for a moth to come to the lure, I'd only been out in the garden for 25 mins. Do they sometimes land on clothing even when you don't have a lure?

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,
    The pheromones will transfer to clothing very easily and can last for days, so unless you want Emperors flying round you on a regular basis it might be time to wash your trousers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.