Wednesday 15 October 2014

Few Moths...

Unlike others, I have had very few moths of late; my year list for the garden is probably about half what it was last year.

Two in the burial park yesterday, Blair's Shoulder-knot and my first Green-brindled Crescent of the year.

Two in my garden last night, both year-firsts for me; Barred Sallow and Figure of Eight.

Best, though, was an Acleris schalleriana which randomly arrived at the window during the daytime on Monday; this is a garden-first for me in spite of having had an appropriate mature food plant for the species in the garden for the last 20 years.

Also, a more extensive leaf-mine search at the Chiltern Open Air Museum located one more Stigmella aceris mine on Field Maple, bringing the total to 4 on the site.

Dave Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment