Wednesday 12 October 2016

Numbers low in Aylesbury

I know i can't compete with the likes of Dave Wilton for numbers and variety as i live on the edge of Aylesbury, but i've noticed quite low numbers of some common species throughout the year. I haven't seen a Large Ranunculus here for two years, or Sallow moth. I was pleased to get everyone's favourite Sunday night, a pristine Merveille Du Jour which was a garden first, and just a sprinkling of the more common species such as Barred Sallow. Dave Maunder
Merveille Du Jour, 10-10-2016

Barred Sallow, 11-10-2016

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Large Ranunculus in the garden since 2011 but there are lots of past records for October in Bucks, a handful of them right at the end of the month. I wouldn't give up on it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's only been 1 ever sighting here in Hereford.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.