Sunday 13 October 2024

With apologies...a few more mines for ID

 

After ploughing through both volumes of Micro-moth Field Tips, I am still struggling to identify these mines found this afternoon, so some help would be appreciated. (It feels a bit like when I started trying to identify micros!).

The first two examples are on birch, on the underside of the leaf, and both have active larvae in them, but I can only just see the head moving, so no detail.






The next two are on hazel and appear to be vacated--images of both upper and lower surfaces. Both have a mine in the body of the leaf, plus an edge folded over. My guess for these is Parornix devoniella.





The final mine is on beech, and here my guess is Stigmella tityrella


Thanks

Phil T


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.