Tuesday 26 August 2014

Not much to write home about...

Nothing much to tell other than a notable increase in Large Yellow Underwings and Flounced Rustics over last week or so, with peak of 82 LYU's last night. I can now consistently fit the entire night's list on half a page of A4 using just a single column. Red Underwings don't like where I live, I don't blame them, so despite what sounds like a pretty good year for them I have not yet seen one. Up in North Yorks at the weekend for a wedding I put a trap out in a friend's garden near Northallerton. Not much in it but a handful of Centre-barred Sallows and 2 Sallows gave me an idea of how close we are to Autumn now. Quite a bit further north so always out earlier, but the Sallows were quite worn. Marc Botham, Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.