Saturday 27 May 2017

Some more micros for ID

I was hoping to get through last night's catch without asking for more help. However, although the macros were OK I'm afraid there are a number of micros that I am unsure about. My attempts were as follows.
1. Callisto denticulella? (5mm)
2. Caloptilia robustella or alchimiella Is it possible to tell or should I be keeping it for dissection?(6mm)
3. Crambus lathoniellus? (11mm)
4. Eucosma cana? (12mm)
5. Delplanqueia dilunella? (10mm)










Any confirmation/correction would be most welcome. Thanks in anticipation.
Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

3 comments:

  1. Andy
    Four out of five.
    The Caloptilia does really need genitalia for a reliable identification.
    5 is an Ephestia species and again needs dissection to be sure which species. If it was Delplanqueia it would also need dissection (only females can be identified) as we now have two species.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COORECTION
      Sorry, I got species aggregates mixed, both male and female Delplanqueia can be separated by genitalia.

      Delete
  2. Thank you. I thought number 5 was probably wrong. I have no longer got the moth but will keep the Caloptilla for checking.

    ReplyDelete