Thursday 1 April 2021

A little busier

I ran the trap for the first time in a while last night and was rewarded with some welcome arrivals. I hope I am right in identifying 20-plume above and Engrailed, Early Thorn, an Agonopterix? - help much appreciated - and a strongly-marked Clouded or Lead-coloured Drab, I think.  I am trying to do antennae tests but they are a pair of comatose species in the morning, to say the least.  There were also Brindled Beauties, Hebrew Characters, Clouded/Lead-coloured Drabs, Early Greys and especially Small Quakers in profusion.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon


3 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,
    Last night was probably the last good night for a week or two, I think! Anyway, the bottom two images in your composite are Clouded Drab and Diurnea fagella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see the antennae, tap the moth into a pot and bring it into the warmth of the house. If that doesn't work breathe on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks v much. I’m not sure what Penny will say if I start breathing on moths but I’ll give it ago!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.