Sunday 4 April 2021

Pammene giganteana to MOL pheromone

Having seen lots of comments on social media about the new pheromones MOL (for Grapholita molesta) and SKI (for Grapholita lobarzewskii) and the numbers of a different moth Pammene giganteana attracted to both lures, I decided to invest in them.  Pammene giganteana is associated with oak and is flying now.

I put the lure out this morning and within a couple of hours I had nine Pammene giganteana in the trap.  I have lived here just over 20 years, and run a moth trap regularly during the flight season, but this is the first time I have recorded it.  

It is described as Local, but given the number of records being reported to the new pheromones it may be much more abundant than previously thought.  




Neil Fletcher

Walter's Ash, VC24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.