Sunday 7 November 2021

A bit of a challenge

I will be pleasantly surprised if anyone can ID this little chap, found in a crack in the plaster at my grandchildren's house and rescued by the post-booster NHS leaflet which I had on me at the time. Moths very sparse now but I've had interesting encounters with a very lively hedgehog, a drowned baby grass snake and a roadkill otter, found on the Banbury Road verge. The Environment Agency collected it the following morning to send to Cardiff University where otter autopsies apparently provide lots of interesting info.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin,
    I'm afraid your noctuid larva is a challenge too far, for me at least! There are quite a few similar-looking caterpillars and I suspect this one is not yet fully grown.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.