Monday 16 June 2014

Trimmed down

After yesterday's mammoth posting - for which apologies, will bear the site guidelines in mind next time - rather fewer from last night from Wolvercote, Oxon (all of those from the 13th I managed to sort out for myself): a micro for confirmation as Archips crataegana (I snapped it thinking it was most likely podana, but that it looked a bit odd), and a micro I can't place at all (it looks like a shrunk Bee Moth). All help as ever much appreciated. Steve and Xander Goddard.

Presumed Archips rosaecolana, 14/6/14

Unknown micro, 14/6/14

Unknown micro, 14/6/14

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure Archips rosaecolana is a species, but yours is Archips crataegana and the other two you've had many times in the past, shrunk or not, Aphomia sociella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve's Bee Moth is interesting: I had a tiny male one of those about half a dozen nights ago in Chorleywood. Forewing length 10mm. It looked small enough to spend some time wondering whether or not it really was what it was.
    Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both: that Bee Moth was distinctly small, but I've had a further one since, so clearly it's a form which occurs hereabouts.

    ReplyDelete