Sunday 23 July 2017

Raspberry fool

 
We migrated to Bucks this afternoon and popped into the Home Cottage Farm PYO near Iver. It was fortuitous that I had left my pheromone lures in the car. I put the HYL lure out while the wife picked Raspberries and within a few minutes I had a number of Raspberry Clearwings (what else) kicking around. I tried for Currant around a few old blackcurrant bushes and for Red-tipped in the orchard but no joy. Still 1 out of 3 ain't bad.  The owners were very interested and hadn't realised the moth was present and guessed it might be why they are losing a lot of plants.
 

Robert Payne (Harrow)

1 comment:

  1. Well done Robert. Only the second Bucks record, but I'm sure there must be more about.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.