Thursday 16 April 2015

Getting started



Hello everyone!  I've been slow to start this year because of the unexpectedly heavy (albeit highly enjoyable) demands of grandparenting plus the faff of getting a new bulb for the trap. Rich rewards for its debut last night, though, with seven Brindled Beauties, two Nut-tree Tussocks, five Hebrew Characters and a lovely Powdered Quaker. There were also a dozen more which include Common Quakers and Clouded Drabs but possibly others in that confusing (to me) range of small brown/grey moths. I am hard at work with the Moth Bible and Hants Moths Flying Tonight.

Great to read of Steve and Martin's Emperor hatchings. My cocoons currently doze on.


Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back from hibernation, Martin. Seven Brindled Beauties is being a bit greedy, isn't it?! I haven't had one of these lovely moths in the garden yet this year but have seen half a dozen at other sites. Its appearance (usually around midnight) is a sign that I should be packing up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.