Saturday 4 July 2015

2 more micros

Apologies, but can I post 2 more micros for possible identification.
The first is small, a fw of 5mm, and I include both a side view and a top view.



The second moth is tortix shaped, with a fw of 7mm.


Finally, I know this is a moth blog, but can I briefly mention a butterfly. About 08:55 this morning, I suddenly noticed a fritillary in my garden, and was pretty excited as this was the first time I had ever seen a fritillary in the garden. I grabbed my camera and shot out, and just managed to get a couple of shots before it flew off. Unfortunately, I didn't get a view of the underwings, but my best guess is a Dark Green Fritillary.


Steve Trigg, Cookham

1 comment:

  1. My moth experience is a little lacking but that is definitely a Dark Green Fritillary.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.