Monday 6 July 2015

A Request from West Oxfordshire


Things are looking up here in Bampton, West Oxfordshire with the arrival of some gorgeous moths.  The Leopard is new to my garden list here, where I run a 30w x 2 actinic trap.  I wish I could say that the Tigers are of the Garden variety but they are of the Scarlet kind, welcome nevertheless.

I have a request to make.  I'm organising a moth event for the West Oxfordshire Field Club on 1st/2nd August in a garden and adjacent disused quarry near Minster Lovell.  I plan to run 3 traps overnight and will invite people to come in the morning to see the contents.  However, my moth knowledge is limited, especially when it comes to those pesky micros.  So if you live within travelling distance, I would welcome help with identifying the moths on 2nd August from 8 a.m., otherwise Marc Botham is going to get a pile of moths in pots in the post!

Mary Elford 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.